Friday, September 28, 2012

5 Benefits of Massage Therapy


I bet you have always believed that getting a massage is a luxury to be reserved for the rich. As a juggler of the family budget, you are probably very aware of how you spend your money and are very careful with expenditures. Something that feels so good has got to be more pampering than beneficial. Right?
Wrong! The health benefits of massage are many. Let me share with you a few that I have experienced.
Health Benefits of Massage #1:
Massage helps to restore muscles to their correct position. When I first started getting a regular massage about a year ago, my masseuse told me that I was starting to get a dowager's hump. As she worked with me monthly, the hump became less and less. Now it is totally gone.
Health Benefits of Massage #2:
Massage helps to relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles. I do a lot of my work at the computer, and though I try to take regular breaks to move around, I still get a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders from the computer-working mode. My monthly massages have helped to relax those tight muscles.
Health Benefits of Massage #3:
Massage helps to increase joint flexibility. I started out with a stiff shoulder with very minimal range of motion. Now I have regained full range and have no pain in that shoulder either. Of course, other things have helped like exercise, chiropractor visits, and a natural glucosamine supplement, but I know the massage helped too.
Health Benefits of Massage #4:
Massage helps to pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
Health Benefits of Massage #5:
Massage helps to release endorphins, lessening depression and anxiety. It is soothing and relaxing. Of course, this is the benefit we always think of - it just feels good!
Actually, there are many more health benefits of massage - these are just a small sampling.
What you Should Do Next:
1. Ask yourself if this is a health step you should invest in for the care of your body.
2. If so, commit to putting a monthly massage into your health program and budget.
3. Massage therapists vary with their techniques and strengths. Don't feel you have to go with the first one you use. Try several different ones so you can evaluate well and choose who you fit best with their style and personality for establishing a long-term relationship.
4. Communicate well with your masseuse/masseur. They can't know what you like or don't like unless you tell them.
5. Drink a lot of water after your massage to rehydrate your body.
6. Plan your day to be able to relax after your massage to continue to benefit.
That's it. Enjoy your progression along the road to optimum health. After all, you only have one body to live in on this earth. Take care of it.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7284657

No comments:

Post a Comment